Your skipper, an experienced ISA and RYA Yachtmaster Instructor and sailing coach, will help you learn the ropes while at sea. Helming, crewing and navigating are all part of your liveaboard experience.
A few tips for a comfortable life at sea.
We always try to make a landing in the dinghy on one of the islands or headlands every few days to take in a short hike for those that want to stretch their legs so a pair of walking boots or shoes is a good idea. Each evening we drop anchor in one of the sheltered bays or tie up alongside small fishing quays. The dinghy is available to row ashore for those that so wish .
The beautiful spots we anchor in have limited facilities, so bustling night spots are very limited.
The stern platform has a shower so clients can rinse off /wash after a refreshing dip in the sea.
Our aim is that our clients get a real experience of the wild Atlantic and it is our ethos to immerse our clients into that world. We also try if possible to examine that world below the surface and we encourage our clients to bring wetsuit (and hood for the colder seasons), booties and snorkel and mask. Of course it goes without saying to bring camera and binoculars if you have them.
Space on the boat is limited so leave unnecessaries behind. If you are travelling on excess gear and bags can be left at the base. Do not bring any hard bags or cases on board.
Charging facilities are limited, so please keep your gadgets to a minimum.
Jessy of Adrigole has 3 double cabins, plus a double and single in the main saloon.
You will need:
- A pair of warm track pants or fleece pants
- A lighter pair of pants/trousers for walking and going ashore
- A warm thick fleece/jumper
- 2 or three long sleeved tops to wear as mid layer
- Swimming togs + towel
- A few changes of underwear and a few tee-shirts
- Washbag etc.
- Sleeping bag & pillow (or duvet and kingsize sheet if sharing a double)
- Waterproof jacket and trousers (we do have some available at the base but our supply is limited)
- Wetsuit if you have one (we do have some available at the base but our supply is limited)
- Snorkel and mask if you have one (again we do have some but…)
- Suitable deck shoes (no black soles please)
- Walking shoes/boots for coastal trecking
- Wellington boots (clean if garden wellies please)
- Pack in a small soft bag please – no hard cases or large stiff back ruck sacks (if you are travelling further afield and need a hard case, then you are welcome to unpack in to smaller bags at our base and leave the big bag behind)
Important note: All our trips are weather dependent and under no circumstances will any crew member or the boat be put in an unsafe situation, so trip schedule may have to be altered to suit the conditions. Also remember that nature and wildlife is unpredictable and sometimes she gives us it all and sometimes she can be quite secretive – no 2 trips are ever the same but there is always a good experience had by all.
- We request that crew keep alcohol consumption within safe levels for life at sea.
- The skipper has the right to refuse and crew / passenger.
- Lifejackets are supplied and must be worn at all times, as instructed by your skipper.
- A selection off waterproof jackets and trousers are available in adult M,L,XL sizes.
- Sleeping bags or duvet and sheet is required. Sleeping bags are available to rent at a cost of €10 and must be booked at least 1 week in advance.
- Embarkation and disembarkation is at Adrigole Pier, Adrigole (unless otherwise informed).
- All crew / passengers help to clean down and refuel on their final day.