Your skipper, an experienced ISA and RYA Yachtmaster Instructor and sailing coach, will help you learn the ropes while at sea. Helming, crewing and navigating are all part of your liveaboard experience.
A few tips for a comfortable life at sea.
We always try to make a landing in the dinghy on one of the islands or headlands every few days to take in a short hike for those that want to stretch their legs so a pair of walking boots or shoes is a good idea. Each evening we drop anchor in one of the sheltered bays or tie up alongside small fishing quays. The dinghy is available to row ashore for those that so wish.
The beautiful spots we anchor in have no facilities or power and bustling nightspots are very limited – well, non existent really!! Depending on your passage, we may stop one night on a marina to top up water and plug in power if available. No power for hairdryers or straighteners (yes, people do ask this question).
The stern platform has a shower so clients can rinse off /wash after a refreshing dip in the sea.
Our aim is that our clients get a real experience of the wild Atlantic and it is our ethos to immerse our clients into that world. We also try if possible to examine that world below the surface and we encourage our clients to bring wetsuit, you may like to bring snorkel and mask (and head hood for winter waters). Of course it goes without saying to bring a camera or an extra powerbank for your mobile!.
Space on the boat is limited so leave unnecessaries behind. If you are travelling on to another destination and have excess gear and bags, then it can be left at the base. Do not bring any hard bags or cases on board, only use soft bags that can be folded down and stored in cupboards.
📌 Charging facilities are limited, so please keep your gadgets to a minimum.
Jessy of Adrigole has 3 double cabins, plus a double and single in the main saloon.
We recommend you bring with you:
- A pair of warm track pants or fleece pants
- A lighter pair of pants/trousers for walking and going ashore
- Thermans are always lovely to have
- A warm thick fleece/jumper
- 2 or three long-sleeved tops to wear as mid-layer
- Swimming togs + towel
- A few changes of underwear and a few tee-shirts
- Washbag etc.
- Sleeping bag & pillow (or duvet and kingsize sheet if sharing a cabin or having the cabin to yourself)
- Waterproof jacket and trousers (we do have some available at the base but our supply is limited)
- Wetsuit if want to swim snug
- Snorkel and mask if want to have a play below the sea
- Suitable deck shoes (no black soles please)
- Walking shoes/boots for coastal trekking
- Wellington boots for on deck (clean if garden wellies please)
- Pack in a small soft bag please – no hard cases or large stiff back rucksacks (if you are travelling further afield and need a hard case, then you are welcome to unpack into smaller bags at our base and leave the big bag behind)
Important note: All our trips and sailing direction are weather dependent and under no circumstances will any crew member or the boat be put in an unsafe situation, so trip schedules may have to be altered to suit the conditions. Please remember that nature and wildlife is unpredictable and sometimes she gives us it all and sometimes she can be quite secretive – no 2 trips are ever the same but there is always a good experience had by all.
- We request that crew keep alcohol consumption within safe levels for life at sea.
- The skipper has the right to refuse and crew / passenger.
- Lifejackets are supplied and must be worn at all times, as instructed by your skipper.
- A smal selection off waterproof jackets and trousers are available in adult M,L,XL sizes. Though we do recommend you have your own for maximum comfort.
- Sleeping bags or duvet and sheet is required. Sleeping bags are available to rent at a cost of €20 and must be booked at least 1 week in advance.
- Embarkation and disembarkation is at Adrigole Pier.
- All crew / passengers help to clean down and refuel on their final day.
Please do not hesitate to email email@example.com if you have any questions at all. Thanks.